Monday, February 24, 2014

Winter Teasers

(Edit: I also have Winter Teasers Part 2 up and running if you're finished with this post and want more :P)

Ok. So don't yell at me guys. I know I haven't been "blogging" per se, but I've still been working on the blog, so that counts. Haha! I added a new page that shows off how much of a Jane Austen junkie I am. I missed blogging about Valentine's Day, but I spent it reminiscing about Emperor Kai's moments in Cress...oh yeah, and eating lots and lots of chocolate! :) Yum!

Well, I love teasers! Why, you ask? Well, it seems that even though I'm already dying for the book to come out, I want the teasers so I can want the book even more. Makes sense? No? Well, I guess it's just me  (doesn't make a whole lot of sense to me, either). So what book do I just NEED right now: Winter by Marissa Meyer!

I've now read all three books in the Lunar Chronicles and I am completely smitten with the series. It almost seems that I've dedicated this whole blog to the series. I read other things as well, guys, I promise. 

Well, as usual, whenever I really want a book, I search the net for all sorts of information on it. This is what showed up for Winter by Marissa Meyer...which doesn't come out till 2015. *tears of sadness*

It's hard to do this without spoilers, so I had to limit my findings. Sorries! :)


1. It seems that unlike Queen Levana, Winter is actually loved by the people of Luna, which Queen Levana hates, so she orders a certain someone to get rid of Winter. We can all take a guess at who Winter's "huntsman" is....my guess is Jacin. ;)


2. Queen Levana has a heart....or atleast had a heart. She was weeping for her late husband who died defending her (now we know why she wears that ring....she must've really loved him). I actually felt a little sympathy for her...but only a little because she did bad things in Cress...really bad things! 


3. Adri and Pearl will make an appearance in Winter....

On with the quotes!!!!! 



Informational

Over time, bats had come to symbolize safe travels through the solar system and keen sight in the darkness of space.

“Evret had died protecting the queen, his wife. They said that Levana had sobbed hysterically for hours.” 

Funny

“What did you bring me today? Delusional mutterings with a side of crazy?” 

“See that eye roll? It translates to, ‘How am I possibly keeping my hands off of you, Captain?”

“If this emperor thing doesn’t work out, you might have a future career in espionage.” 


"I forgot my ball gown on Earth." "Don't worry, you wouldn't want to get blood all over it anyway."

“She would have auctioned off the Milky Way if it would have made his intentions a little less honorable” 

"He must know she has a crush on him the size of Jupiter." "And that's a reason he shouldn't dance with her?"

Cliffhangers

“No. She will never be queen.” She swayed toward him, and he felt like he was being encircled by a python, smothered and choked.” 

“I am your guard. I'm here to protect you and keep you out of trouble, and that’s it.” 

"He had no choice. The words, rough and strained, were out before he could feel them on his tongue. "Yes, My Queen."

"Yes, I am that arrogant. Not only do I think you should help us, but I think you will."

“Tapping a finger against the flesh of her elbow, she deadpanned, “Jacin Clay, there is an assassin under my bed.” 

"His skin looked so pale that for a sinking moment she imagined he was one of Levana's animals - one of her pets."

He cast a glance around at the numerous weapons in the hands of the crew. "It looks like you might require some diplomacy."



"I guess that's that, then. It's been nice trying to save the world with you." 


-Taken from GoodReads and Twitter

Whoa! That was a lot! I'm sorry if I overwhelmed you, it was all done in love, I promise! Plus I never expected to find so much info on a book that wasn't out yet. OMG at that last quote....it shall haunt me until 2015....

Until next time,
Ciao.


1 comment:

  1. these quotes are very informative. imagine if in Winter Queen Lavana makes a bat army. the irony!

    ReplyDelete

I love receiving your comments! I will always read them, promise! :D I want to hear what you think.

You Might Also Like:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...